Saturday, January 10, 2009

What is Charlie's Backpack?

Sometimes people ask me about Charlie's Backpack. What is it? I tell them that it depends. First it is a real backpack that I have carried around the world on my travels. As such it contains those things that I see as "essentials" - never to be checked on an airline. If I lose the luggage I can get by for a period of time.

Next it is a series of articles that I write for Horizon Publications - Tolland Monthly - about my travels over the past few years. I have assembled some of them into a short book called "Charlie's Backpack" that I plan to make available in 2009.

And last, it's a metaphor for a collections of ideas, reflections, and questions with a little history thrown in to provoke your thinking and release your creativity.

Now you know. So if you're asked, "What is Charlie's Backpack?" you can answer, "It depends; what do you want it to be"!

No comments: